environment canada marine weather for lake ontario
- Extended Forecast - Western Lake OntarioWednesday: Wind light.Thursday: Wind light.Friday: Wind light.Issued 06:30 PM EDT 02 August 2021
- Waves for Tonight and Tuesday. - Western Lake OntarioWaves less than one half metre.Issued 06:30 PM EDT 02 August 2021
- Forecast for Tonight and Tuesday. - Western Lake OntarioWind southwest 10 knots becoming light this evening then becoming southwest 10 Tuesday morning. Issued 06:30 PM EDT 02 August 2021
- Extended Forecast - Eastern Lake OntarioWednesday: Wind light.Thursday: Wind light.Friday: Wind light.Issued 06:30 PM EDT 02 August 2021
- Waves for Tonight and Tuesday. - Eastern Lake OntarioWaves one half metre subsiding to less than one half metre near midnight.Issued 06:30 PM EDT 02 August 2021
- Forecast for Tonight and Tuesday. - Eastern Lake OntarioWind southwest 15 knots diminishing to southwest 10 this evening. Wind southwest 10 Tuesday. Issued 06:30 PM EDT 02 August 2021
Click above for Burlington Pier report and forecast
grimsby odas buoy
This ODAS (Ocean Data Acquisition System) buoy is owned and maintained by Environment and Climate Change Canada. It is a 3-meter discus buoy located at 43.250 N 79.530 W or about 12 nm north of Grimsby on Lake Ontario. It is a valuable source of real time information on offshore weather conditions for the mariner.
- Station 45139 - West Lake Ontario - GrimsbyAugust 3, 2021 1:00 am EDT Location: 43.25N 79.53W Wind Direction: W (260°) Wind Speed: 7.8 knots Wind Gust: 9.7 knots Significant Wave Height: 0.3 ft Atmospheric Pressure: 30.10 in (1019.2 mb) Pressure Tendency: +0.03 in (+1.1 mb) Air Temperature: 70.0°F (21.1°C) Water Temperature: 69.8°F (21.0°C)
Windy.com is a powerful application which has become the go to tool for sailors around the world. Click on the WIND icon and explore the app. Wind, waves and radar are among the numerous graphics available to Lake Ontario boaters. Forecast data shown below the map is for Oakville Harbour but can be changed by the user.