environment canada marine weather for lake ontario
- Waves for Today Tonight and Wednesday. - Western Lake OntarioWaves one half to one metre subsiding to less than one half metre this evening then building to one half to one metre early Wednesday morning.Issued 10:30 AM EDT 20 April 2021
- Forecast for Today Tonight and Wednesday. - Western Lake OntarioWind west 15 knots diminishing to northwest 10 early this evening then veering to north 10 late this evening. Wind increasing to northeast 15 late overnight then backing to north 15 Wednesday morning. Wind backing to northwest 20 Wednesday afternoon. Snow tonight and Wednesday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow. Issued 10:30 AM […]
- Waves for Today Tonight and Wednesday. - Eastern Lake OntarioWaves one metre subsiding to one half metre early this evening then building to one Wednesday morning.Issued 10:30 AM EDT 20 April 2021
- Forecast for Today Tonight and Wednesday. - Eastern Lake OntarioWind west 20 knots diminishing to west 15 this afternoon then veering to northwest 15 this evening. Wind veering to north 15 near midnight then to northeast 20 early Wednesday morning. Wind backing to north 20 near noon Wednesday then to northwest 20 Wednesday evening. Snow overnight and Wednesday. Visibility as low as 1 mile […]
- Extended Forecast - Western Lake OntarioThursday: Wind northwest 20 knots backing to west 25 in the afternoon.Friday: Wind west 20 knots.Saturday: Wind west 15 knots.Issued 03:00 AM EDT 20 April 2021
- Extended Forecast - Eastern Lake OntarioThursday: Wind northwest 20 knots backing to west 25 in the afternoon.Friday: Wind west 20 knots.Saturday: Wind west 15 knots.Issued 03:00 AM EDT 20 April 2021
Click above for Burlington Pier report and forecast
grimsby odas buoy
This ODAS (Ocean Data Acquisition System) buoy is owned and maintained by Environment and Climate Change Canada. It is a 3-meter discus buoy located at 43.250 N 79.530 W or about 12 nm north of Grimsby on Lake Ontario. It is a valuable source of real time information on offshore weather conditions for the mariner.
- Station 45139 - West Lake Ontario - GrimsbyApril 20, 2021 11:00 am EDT Location: 43.25N 79.53W Wind Direction: W (280°) Wind Speed: 15.6 knots Wind Gust: 19.4 knots Significant Wave Height: 1.6 ft Dominant Wave Period: 3 sec Atmospheric Pressure: 29.97 in (1014.9 mb) Pressure Tendency: +0.04 in (+1.4 mb) Air Temperature: 41.4°F (5.2°C) Water Temperature: 39.7°F (4.3°C)
Wondy.com is a powerful application which has become the go to tool for sailors around the world. Click on the WIND icon and explore the app. Wind, waves and radar are among the numerous graphics available to Lake Ontario boaters. Forecast data shown below the map is for Oakville Harbour but can be changed by the user.