environment canada marine weather for lake ontario
- Waves for Today Tonight and Friday. - Western Lake OntarioWaves one half metre or less building to one half to one metre early this evening then subsiding to one half metre or less Friday morning.Issued 10:30 AM EDT 16 September 2021
- Forecast for Today Tonight and Friday. - Western Lake OntarioWind light becoming east 10 knots near noon then increasing to east 15 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to southeast 10 this evening then becoming light early Friday morning. Wind becoming east 10 near noon Friday. Issued 10:30 AM EDT 16 September 2021
- Waves for Today Tonight and Friday. - Eastern Lake OntarioWaves one half metre or less.Issued 10:30 AM EDT 16 September 2021
- Forecast for Today Tonight and Friday. - Eastern Lake OntarioWind light becoming east 10 knots this afternoon then veering to southeast 10 late overnight. Wind southeast 10 Friday. Issued 10:30 AM EDT 16 September 2021
- Extended Forecast - Western Lake OntarioSaturday: Wind light.Sunday: Wind light.Monday: Wind light.Issued 03:00 AM EDT 16 September 2021
- Extended Forecast - Eastern Lake OntarioSaturday: Wind light.Sunday: Wind light.Monday: Wind light.Issued 03:00 AM EDT 16 September 2021
Click above for Burlington Pier report and forecast
grimsby odas buoy
This ODAS (Ocean Data Acquisition System) buoy is owned and maintained by Environment and Climate Change Canada. It is a 3-meter discus buoy located at 43.250 N 79.530 W or about 12 nm north of Grimsby on Lake Ontario. It is a valuable source of real time information on offshore weather conditions for the mariner.
- Station 45139 - West Lake Ontario - GrimsbySeptember 16, 2021 3:00 pm EDT Location: 43.25N 79.53W Wind Direction: ENE (70°) Wind Speed: 11.7 knots Wind Gust: 13.6 knots Significant Wave Height: 1.3 ft Dominant Wave Period: 3 sec Atmospheric Pressure: 30.19 in (1022.4 mb) Pressure Tendency: -0.03 in (-1.0 mb) Air Temperature: 69.6°F (20.9°C) Water Temperature: 68.7°F (20.4°C)
Windy.com is a powerful application which has become the go to tool for sailors around the world. Click on the WIND icon and explore the app. Wind, waves and radar are among the numerous graphics available to Lake Ontario boaters. Forecast data shown below the map is for Oakville Harbour but can be changed by the user.