We are following Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary Guidelines. The Rescue Boat is in service 24/7 for emergency calls from the Joint Rescue Coordination Centre Trenton (JRCC). Classroom training and boating safety events continue to be suspended. Our crews resumed limited on water training on July 1. Hours of Rescue Boat on-water availability will not be fixed nor will staffing of our Navy Street HQ. In a marine emergency contact JRCC at 800-267-7270 or Prescott Coast Guard Radio on marine radio Channel 16 or *16 on a cellphone.
For information on access to boat launches and marinas check the Town of Oakville Harbours webpage.
The Region of Halton Reopening Strategy is outlined on their website. Effective July 22, 2020, wearing a non-medical mask or face covering is mandatory in certain enclosed indoor public places in Halton region.
Transport Canada Guidelines for Pleasure Craft during the COVID-19 Pandemic also recommends that distancing guidelines be observed when operating or travelling on pleasure craft and using associated docks and launch ramps.
Related Transport Canada links:
- COVID-19: Physical distancing and safe boating for Canadians
- COVID-19: Guidance for Canadians using marinas and boat launches
- COVID-19: Safe boating for Canadians to reduce the burden on emergency responders
- COVID-19 guidance posters for marine transportation
- COVID-19 measures, updates, and guidance for marine transportation issued by Transport Canada