We are following Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary Guidelines. The Rescue Boat is in service 24/7 for emergency calls from the Joint Rescue Coordination Centre Trenton (JRCC). Classroom training and boating safety events continue to be suspended. Our crews will be resuming limited on water training on July 1. Hours of Rescue Boat on-water availability will not be fixed nor will staffing of our Navy Street HQ. In a marine emergency contact JRCC at 800-267-7270 or Prescott Coast Guard Radio on marine radio Channel 16 or *16 on a cellphone.
For information on access to boat launches and marinas check the Town of Oakville Harbours webpage.
Public Health Ontario recommends essential trips only and maintaining safe social distancing. Halton has moved to Stage 2 so refer to the Province of Ontario A Framework for Opening Our Province, Stage 2.
Transport Canada Guidelines for Pleasure Craft during the COVID-19 Pandemic also recommends that non-essential travel be avoided wherever possible, and that distancing guidelines be observed when operating or travelling on pleasure craft and using associated docks and launch ramps.
Related Transport Canada links:
- COVID-19: Physical distancing and safe boating for Canadians
- COVID-19: Guidance for Canadians using marinas and boat launches
- COVID-19: Safe boating for Canadians to reduce the burden on emergency responders
- COVID-19 guidance posters for marine transportation
- COVID-19 measures, updates, and guidance for marine transportation issued by Transport Canada